The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for supporting SpArc Services’ mission by answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate locations and providing other general office support while demonstrating stellar customer service skills.
- Ensures the switchboard is opened promptly and remains in operation throughout office hours.
- Demonstrates customer service skills adhering to professional phone etiquette standards when answering and directing calls. Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Answer telephones and directs the callers to the appropriate location. Transfer callers to the voice mail of unavailable employee. Professionally administer all calls, redirecting callers as necessary.
- Provides callers with information such as address, directions, fax numbers, website, and other related general information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, preparation and retrieval of materials. Provides support in preparing for licensing inspections.
- Responds to internal and/or external information enquiries; resolve problems including routing questions and concerns as appropriate.
- Maintains the boardroom and office meeting room schedules.
- Completes the daily attendance record for all staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Participates in phone coverage rotation.
- Receives the public and answer questions, in person and by telephone; respond to inquiries from employees, all stakeholders and refer, when necessary, to appropriate person.
- Operates office machines.
- Assists in completing bulk mailings, including mailing invitations.
- Types memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- High School Diploma or GED with at least one (1) year prior customer service experience. Knowledge of office equipment.
- Clear criminal and child abuse history, medical and drug screen.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including communicating with people from diverse backgrounds and varied abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills. Flexible and willing to pitch in as needed.
- Demonstrates the organization's core competencies and solid customer service skills.
- Organized and able to multi-task, establish and follow priorities. Strong attention to detail.
- Effective word processing skills using Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively interact within all levels of the organization and represent the organization to external stakeholders within the scope of job responsibilities.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Routine office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please, no phone calls.