Position title: Business Outreach Liaison for Autism Program
Reports to: Director of Neurodiversity in the Workplace
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Summary: The mission of the Neurodiversity in the Workplace program is to establish neurodiversity as an integral component of the workforce. The Diversity and Inclusion Specialist will be responsible to support this mission by developing opportunities for employment for people with Autism, and for creating partnerships with organizations interested in hiring people with Autism and other diversities.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and foster connections with organizations interested in diversifying their workforce.
- Identify unique opportunities for employment for individuals with Autism and similar diversities.
- Work closely with individuals with varying skills and abilities and support them and their families through the employment process.
- Provide guidance and coaching on aspects of the professional world.
- Administer curriculum designed for workplace readiness.
- Provide job coaching and training.
- Attend networking events and seminars.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders to promote continuity and ensure quality services through coordinated efforts.
- Complete required reporting and administrative responsibilities as necessary.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Respond timely to all participant, family, funder, and other stakeholder concerns.
- Represent SpArc Philadelphia positively and professionally at all times.
- Perform additional duties as required/assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Clear criminal and child abuse history, medical, and drug screen.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate comfort with people from diverse backgrounds and varied abilities.
- Demonstrate the organization’s core competencies and solid customer relations skills.
- Ability to form effective partnerships with all stakeholders including private industry, family, caregivers, and funders.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively explain and advocate for employment of individuals with Autism and similar diversities.
- Demonstrate appropriate behavior in a corporate environment.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must demonstrate good time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Ability to work well under pressure and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, unplanned events, or emergencies.
- Possess an outgoing personality and professional demeanor.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
Routine office environment. Some national travel likely. Must have a valid driver's license. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply:
All applicants should view our website www.sparcphilly.org, and submit a copy of your cover letter and resumé to HR@sparcphilly.org with the subject line "Business Outreach Liaison"