Position Title: Human Resources Administrator
Reports to: Human Resources Director
FSLA status: Non-exempt
The Human Resource Associate is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Director in administratively supporting all employees. (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry). This position offers experienced candidates job development opportunities in all areas of Human Resources.
Performs other HR duties as assigned.
- HRIS (Paylocity) entries and maintenance.
- Provide daily departmental administrative support including monthly reporting.
- Draft employment verification letters and correspondence as requested.
- Administer benefit plans and coordinate enrollment meetings.
- Responds to unemployment insurance claim inquiry forms.
- Provides support with preparing personnel/medical files and documentation for audits.
- Ensures that employee files and records, including I-9, are maintained in accordance with SpArc Philadelphia’s requirements and applicable employment laws.
- Assist with recruitment efforts (job fairs, information sessions, phone screens, & interviews).
- Assist with employee onboarding and orientation.
- Schedule pre-employment physicals, conduct background screening and reference checks.
- Maintain organizational charts and docs regarding WC, FMLA, OSHA & LOA.
- Coordinate and process all workers/ comp claims, FMLA, and 403B.
- Employee facing for general HR questions.
- Coordinate Training classes and training logs as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the highest standard.
- Assist with HR projects as needed.
- Appropriately escalate inquiries to HR Director.
- No less than 3+ years experience working in a fast-paced HR department.
- BA or BS preferred, HS diploma with experience required.
- A solid understanding of HR practices with experience in:
- Workers' Comp
- HR database entry (HRIS)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills, follow through, and follow up.
- Ability to be "hands on" in work and in providing support to the entire management team.
- Experience working in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Pre-employment screening (physical, drug screen, criminal, and child abuse clearance).
Preferred, but not required:
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machine.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply:
All serious applicants should view our website www.sparcphilly.org and submit a copy of your cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to HR@sparcphilly.org with the subject line "HRA"