Position Title: Human Resources Administrator
Reports to: Human Resources Director
FSLA status: Non-exempt
The Human Resource Associate is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Director in administratively supporting all employees. (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry). This position offers job development opportunities in all areas of Human Resources.
Performs other HR duties as assigned.
- HRIS (Paylocity) entries and maintenance.
- Provide daily departmental administrative support.
- Draft employment verification letters and correspondence as requested.
- Administer benefit plans and coordinate enrollment meetings.
- Responds to unemployment insurance claim inquiry forms.
- Provides support with preparing personnel/medical files and documentation for audits.
- Ensures that employee files and records are maintained in accordance with SpArc Philadelphia’s requirements and applicable employment laws.
- Assist with recruitment efforts (job fairs, information sessions, phone screens, & interviews).
- Assist with employee onboarding and orientation.
- Schedule pre-employment physicals, conduct background screening and reference checks.
- Maintain organizational charts and docs regarding WC, FML & LOA.
- Employee facing for general HR questions.
- Coordinate Training classes and training logs as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the highest standard.
- Assist with HR projects as needed.
- Appropriately escalate inquiries to HR Director.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills, follow through/up and ability to multi-task a must.
- Ability to be "hands-on" in work and in providing support to the entire management team.
- A bachelor’s degree and experience working in a Human Resources Department
- Previous HR experience
- Clear child abuse clearance
- Clear criminal background
Preferred but not required:
- PHR and or SPHR
- SHRM Membership
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machine
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply:
All serious applicants should view our website www.sparcphilly.org and submit a copy of your cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to HR@sparcphilly.org with the subject line "HRA"