Reports to: Controller
FLSA status: Non-exempt
About the organization: SpArc Services is a quality driven nonprofit organization serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities for more than 65 years. We have served people with many different kinds of disabilities in many different ways, all of which have the same purpose: to help a group of people who are often ignored or marginalized become part of their community and to live as independently as possible. To all full time employees, we offer benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, and a very generous 403b match.
About the position: The Junior Accountant is responsible for supporting the mission of SpArc Philadelphia by assisting with the recording of units and performing various duties within the accounting department, as designated by the Controller, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory/funder requirements and nonprofit management best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting.
- Clear criminal and child abuse history, medical/drug screen and credit check.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft office applications, especially Excel.
- Requires self-direction, independence, good time management, organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Routine office environment. Infrequent independent travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to HR@sparcphilly.org, using "ACCT" as the subject line.
SpArc is an equal opportunity employer.