The Employment Services, Associate Director is responsible for supporting the mission of SpArc Services by supporting program participants as they gain and retain independent competitive and community-based employment.
- Drive the daily operation of the program, meeting program goals and standards.
- Develop, implement and hold staff accountable to follow written policies and procedures.
- Create employment opportunities for assigned program participants. Cultivate relationships with area businesses with the goal of generating employment leads.
- Assist director on developing goals for the department.
- Immediately bring to the attention of Director any concerns about participants or staff.
- Positively and professionally represent SpArc Services at all times.
- Participate in skill development and professional growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement personalized on-the-job-training program for each employed program participant to help him or her learn and perform the requirements of the job.
- Encourage and motivate the program participant to fully engage in work and make a long term commitment to their job. Participate in the development and implementation of job integration/success plan.
- Provide ongoing and immediate feedback, assistance and follow up supporting program participant success in the workplace.
- Work closely with the Director to present a personalized and holistic approach to job preparation and training.
- Identify workplace challenges and intervention to preserve the integrity of the program participant and to maintain the job.
- Provide follow-up feedback to determine quantity and quality of services provided and status of the program participant’s employment.
- Work closely with employer, engaging them as advocates and mediators for employee. Partner with employer to provide work accommodations as necessary.
- Help teach appropriate social behavior to program participants by modeling appropriate social behavior at all times including maintaining good attendance record including punctuality, following work procedures, maintaining appropriate workplace behaviors, dressing appropriately and filling out time sheets accurately and timely.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with partnering companies and agencies while educating employers regarding working with people with barriers to employment. Promote success of the job placement by providing advocacy.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with families of program participants to support job experience.
- Ensure compliance with contracts with partnering companies and agencies. Submit monthly coaching reports and other documentation as required.
- Attend departmental and agency-wide staff meetings and/or trainings as required.
- Submit monthly report to supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as required/assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or at least five (5) years prior experience in human services including prior program and staff management experience
- Clear criminal and child abuse history, medical and drug screen. Valid driver's license.
- Ability to adapt and work a flexible and fluctuating work schedule to meet the needs of participants. Must be available by phone.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills with people from diverse backgrounds; able to present in small and large groups.
- Demonstrate the organization's core competencies and solid customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of others.
- Ability to translate regulations into practice. Knows the importance of effective record keeping.
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Effectively problem solve with the ability to proactively address issues preventing escalation.
- Requires self-direction, independence, good time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail including prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Ability to work well under pressure and flexibly respond to changing priorities, unplanned events or emergencies.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel independently to employment sites and adjust to the work environment of the program participant’s job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to HR@sparcphilly.org, using "Associate Director, Employment Services" as the subject line.
Please NO PHONE CALLS.