The Associate Director (AD) of the UniqueSource Partnership is responsible to assist the Director in managing the daily operation of the Photo License Centers and janitorial contracts held by SpArc. The AD of the UniqueSource Partnership will assist the Director in organizing, planning and implementing strategy. They will be responsible to coordinate daily operations and ensure schedules and objectives are met. The AD will provide supervision and leadership to the Member Agency Representatives and job coaches assigned to the SpArc Photo ID Program and ensure the License Centers are staffed with qualified photo license technicians. The AD will make recommendations for hiring, performance management, monitoring time and attendance, training, and motivating employees. They will forge strong relationships with SpArc’s Employment Services team and other area service providers to find appropriate job applicants. All essential job responsibilities will be executed in accordance with SpArc administrative policies and compliance/ethics guidelines.
The Associate Director of the UniqueSource Partnership/Special Projects will provide direct supervision, evaluation and leadership to the UniqueSource Partnership and or Special Projects staff.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Facilitate the daily operation of the Photo License Centers under contract with SpArc.
- Coordinate with SpArc HR and UniqueSource to drive the recruitment process and training & development of staff. Recruit and select an adequate number of photo license technicians in accordance with the UniqueSource 11.0 hiring procedures.
- Coordinate with SpArc HR to maintain personnel records for Photo License Technicians including clear background checks and form 210.
- Staffing for the Photo License Centers is maintained and scheduled in a manner that ensures consistent and qualified workforce.
- Support staff (Member Agency Representatives and job coach/floater) is maintained and utilized to avoid liquidated damages, fines levied when a camera system is not operating due to lack of staff or equipment failure.
- Assure the license technicians complete “On the Job Training” during the first 90 days of employment.
- Assure the license technicians are connected with the necessary resources to be successful on the job.
- Attends UniqueSource trainings and meetings as required.
- Payroll is completed in a timely manner.
- Monthly billing is reviewed and approved.
- OVR reports and billing are submitted in a timely manner.
- Monthly report to the managing director including information on staffing, special projects, etc.
- Completes other reports as requested by managing director.
- Support the Director in all aspects of the programs as needed.
- Participate in professional development as needed.
- Bachelor's degree Vocational Education or related field with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience, or the equivalent in prior experience working with persons with disabilities. Clear criminal and child abuse history, medical and drug screen. Valid driver's license.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills with people from diverse backgrounds; able to present in small and large groups.
- Demonstrates the organization's core competencies and solid customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of others.
- Ability to translate regulations into practice. Knows the importance of effective record keeping.
- Ability to form and maintain effective partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Effectively problem solve with the ability to proactively address issues preventing escalation.
- Hires and develops a caliber staff capable of providing high quality services, accountable to job responsibilities and motivated.
- Requires self-direction, independence, good time management, organization skills, attention to detail including prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Ability to work well under pressure and ability to respond to changing priorities, unplanned events or emergencies.
- Strong assessment skills and ability to translate assessment results into service plan.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Routine office environment. Infrequent independent travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to HR@sparcphilly.org, using "Associate Director, Unique Source Partnership/Special Projects" as the subject line.
Please NO PHONE CALLS.