Summary: The Marketing and Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the mission of SpArc Philadelphia by identifying, cultivating and developing effective strategies and new partnerships and relationships to increase funds, public awareness, and promote collaborative opportunities. The Marketing and Development Specialist also helps manage SpArc Philadelphia’s public image by organizing volunteers, coordinating special events and implementing community outreach programs, and helping manage the websites and online social media networking.
- Assists in identifying, developing, writing and submitting grant opportunities and applications that grow revenue for SpArc Philadelphia’s programs and services.
- Prepare grant related materials including reports and summaries as needed for funders and board of directors.
- Assists with fundraising activities and events.
- Assists in keeping SpArc Philadelphia social media properties up to date, sharing relevant data that support the mission of the organization.
- Plans, writes and disseminates e-communications, including blast emails, monthly newsletter, and special reports as needed; using Constant Contact.
- Assists in keeping the SpArc Philadelphia family of organizations properties up to date and relevant
- Plan, implement and analyze public relations and marketing strategies that advance the organization's mission and goals.
- Nurture connections with individuals and businesses, colleges and organizations that help support organizational goals.
- Coordinates with marketing department and executive staff on all volunteer, community relations and special event projects.
- Assists with other integrated marketing and fundraising efforts and administrative duties as assigned for annual fundraising events.
- Responsible for event planning (i.e. open houses, pet therapy visits, community service days, annual talent show, bake sales, Volunteer Appreciation Day, etc.).
- Recruit, screen, train and orient volunteers and interns to increase their understanding of the organization, its participants and stakeholders, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers and interns.
- Revive the Young Professionals Committee and recruit membership.
- Provide written monthly updates
- Ensure timely completion of committee minutes, reports, statistics, and budgets.
- Fulfill advisory and training functions as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related discipline (public relations, etc.). A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in development, communications or related field. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn and support various systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite for Windows is a must. This includes all communication platforms for social media, constant contact, and website hosting platforms.
- Clear criminal and child abuse history, medical and drug screen. Valid driver’s license.
- Effective communication skills with people from diverse backgrounds; the ability to write and speak persuasively about the organization; work cooperatively and compassionately with staff, board members, program participants and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of social media networking.
- Demonstrates the organization’s core competencies and solid customer service skills. Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous, and professional manner when dealing with the public, including interactions that are positive and those requiring conflict resolutions.
- Ability to prioritize, be flexible and handle multiple projects with evolving timelines and changing deadlines.
- Approach challenges in creative ways and find thoughtful solutions to problems.
- Be comfortable with public speaking and addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor. Audiences include volunteers, staff, board members, parents, program participants, school staff, college students, business leaders, government officials, vendors, etc.
- Ability and willingness to learn and support various systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite for Windows is a must.
- Thinks critically about the details of the task at hand. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Shows a genuine interest in finding ways to improve how the community relates to people with IDD.
- Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
- Works with teammates and is responsive to feedback.
- Ability to form and maintain effective partnerships with all stakeholders including solid collaborations with peers and associates throughout the process.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
We have a standard office environment. Position may require some independent travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@sparcphilly.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.