Position title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Reports to: Director, Administration
FLSA status: Non Exempt
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for supporting SpArc Services’ mission by providing general office support and demonstrating stellar customer service skills.
- Knows and understands the compliance standards of the organization.
- Works closely with the administrative and program specialist teams to ensure that required reporting is accurate and completed within regulated timeframes.
- Responds to internal and/or external information enquiries; resolves problems, including routing questions, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates customer service skills adhering to professional phone etiquette standards when answering and directing calls. Greets guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Professionally administer all calls, redirecting callers as necessary.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, preparation and retrieval of materials. Provides support in preparing for licensing inspections.
- Maintains the boardroom and office meeting room schedules.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Participates in phone coverage rotation.
- Receives the public and answer questions, in person and by telephone; respond to inquiries from employees, all stakeholders and refer, when necessary, to appropriate person.
- Operates office machines.
- Assists in completing bulk mailings, including mailing invitations.
- Types memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- High School Diploma or GED with at least one (1) year prior customer service experience. Knowledge of office equipment.
- Clear criminal and child abuse history, medical and drug screen.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including communicating with people from diverse backgrounds and varied abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills. Flexible and willing to pitch in as needed.
- Demonstrates the organization's core competencies and solid customer service skills.
- Organized and able to multi-task, establish and follow priorities. Strong attention to detail.
- Effective word processing skills using Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively interact within all levels of the organization and represent the organization to external stakeholders within the scope of job responsibilities.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Routine office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply
All applicants should view our website www.sparcphilly.org, and submit a copy of their cover letter and resumé to HR@sparcphilly.org with a subject line of "Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant."